There are numerous things to ponder over when you get your home renovated. Flooring is one of them. There are numerous flooring options available, which often makes a person feel confused.
However, you must know that every flooring option comes with specific pros and cons. In order to make the best choice, you must know each of them. That is why, our MegaCity, one of the best flooring suppliers in Toronto explains them in this blog.
Insights into different flooring options
We give you insights into different flooring options below. Read them out.
1) Hardwood flooring: Hardwood has been one of the most popular and the most used flooring options. The numerous colours and designs it comes alongside it make this flooring type quite popular.
Pros of hardwood flooring:
- This flooring type comes with a wide range of shades, which give you a variety of options to choose from.
- You can rely on hardwood flooring entirely when it comes to durability. Hence, if durability with tiles is your preference, our hardwood flooring suppliers Toronto team highly recommends going with the hardwood flooring.
- Hardwood offers a cleaner and hygienic environment, which ensures that even if you are allergic or have any other problems, tiling won’t make things difficult for you.
- If you are looking for something that requires less maintenance, Hardwood flooring is your definite answer. These tiles require the least maintenance and are easy to clean.
Cons of hardwood flooring:
- Hardwood flooring is a bit expensive. This tiling option might not suit you if budget is your concern.
- Hardwood flooring isn’t resistant to scratches. Hence, you need to be extra careful when you move objects, specifically if it is edgy.
2) Engineered wood flooring: This flooring looks similar to hardwood flooring but is more durable and economical.
Pros of Engineered wood flooring:
- Engineered wood flooring is quite an economical option as compared to hardwood flooring. Hence, this tiling option won’t be troubling your budget at all. Hence, if you want something beautiful and under budget, our engineered wood flooring suppliers recommend going with this option.
- This tiling option is more resistant to temperature and moisture. Hence, with engineered wood flooring, the wood won’t shrink at all.
- Engineered wood flooring offers some amazing styling options. Hence, you won’t be required to compromise with the styling options and looks at all.
Cons of Engineered wood flooring:
- Engineered wood flooring demands maintenance. It will demand some time and effort from you in order to keep the flooring option clean and shiny.
3) Laminate flooring: The popularity of laminate flooring type has been on an exponential rise for a while. And, with the features & benefits this flooring option comes with, the rise in popularity is justified.
Pros of Laminate flooring:
- Firstly, laminate flooring is quite inexpensive. You need not worry about your budget being troubled with this flooring type at all.
- Laminate flooring is easy to clean. Hence, it requires minimal maintenance, which is definitely an advantage in this fast-moving world.
- Laminate flooring is resistant to scratches.
Cons of Laminate flooring:
- Laminate flooring isn’t quite resistant to temperature and moisture. Hence, you might notice flooring shrinking out a bit when there is high temperature and moisture.
- Laminate flooring by no means can match the finishing and looks that wood flooring comes alongside it. Hence, perfectionism doesn’t exist with laminate flooring.
- Sometimes, the harsh sound might trouble you when you walk on this flooring, as laminate flooring is unnatural, of course.
4) Vinyl flooring: Vinyl flooring comes into multiple options. The technological advancements ensure that vinyl flooring comes with beautiful finishes.
Pros of Vinyl flooring:
- With vinyl flooring, you need not worry about the range of options at all. It comes with multiple options, and you can select one of them according to your requirement & vision.
- Vinyl flooring is quite an economical option, and it comes with extremely easy installation.
- This flooring type is easy to manage and clean. Hence, if you are a busy bee, these tiles won’t be troubling your routine.
Cons of Vinyl flooring:
- Vinyl flooring isn’t an environmentally friendly option at all. Additionally, if you keep your curtains and doors closed, the harmful concentrations can impart a negative psychological impact on your hygiene too.
- Please note that vinyl flooring cannot be refinished or say repaired. Any damage and you need to replace the entire floor.
5) Ceramic flooring: Ceramic tile is the top pick when it comes to choosing tiles for bathrooms and kitchens. It comes in a variety of designs and colours, which adds a flavour of creativity.
Pros of Ceramic flooring:
- Ceramic tiles are long-lasting and extremely durable. These tiles can be your long-term companion.
- This tiling option is resistant to water, which makes it a perfect choice for bathrooms and kitchens.
- These tiles don’t allow germs and bacteria to settle, which ensures that they are hygienic.
- With ceramic tiles, the number of options isn’t limited. The range is wide, which allows you to select the tiles design of your own choice and vision.
Cons of Ceramic flooring:
- Ceramic flooring is extremely hard. It often gives a sense of discomfort when you stand on it.
- Ceramic tiles don’t retain heat, which might make you feel chilly in the winters. This is another major con of ceramic flooring.
- Selecting the right tiling option is of course difficult. However, the above explanation will make it easy for you.
If you have selected the right tiling option for you, you can count on MegaCity, wholesale tile suppliers to provide you with quality tiles and at extremely affordable rates. To connect with our high-rated team, contact us at 416-546-6355.